MeRCY Meets Mobb Deep

During 1994...1995...I Was Really Onto the Hip Hop World Which Others Call It the Golden Era. I Felt During That Time the Music Was Timeless And Effortless. The Beats Were Soulful And the Lyrics Were Incredible. Classics From Nas "Illmatic" - Notorious B.I.G. "Ready to Die" - Raekwon "Only Built For Cuban Linx" - Outkast "Southernplayerlistic" - UGK "Riding Dirty" - A Tribe Called Quest "The Low End Theory" to the Album That Really Made Me Wanna Rap Mobb Deep "The Infamous". I Was In Middle School And I Would Have the CD Playing Heavy In My Walkmen. The Group Really Captured Me Musically Beyond There Thug Content. Each Song Had A Story Or A Situation I Could Relate To. I Can Remember Seeing There Music Video "Shook Ones" (hip hop classic!) And Hearing Prodigy's line..."I'm Only 19 But My Mind Is Old..." Instantly Caught Me. It Literally Got Me Stuck Off the Realness. Recalling Days I Would Mimic Prodigy Verses And Spitting Them Like They're Mines. Eventually, I Grew Outta It And Molded As A Lyricist. Mobb Deep Really Paved the Way And Helped Spark My Rapping Career Besides NAS...But Thats Another Story...THE INFAMOUS Album Was the Soundtrack to My Life Next to the IT WAS WRITTEN Album.

Mobb Deep - Give Up the Goods featuring Big Noyd
http://www.zshare.net/audio/621814991dfe1890/

P. Hall - Doin' Me Wrong (Give Up the Love) featuring MeRCY
http://www.zshare.net/audio/6218206419fcbffa/


ITs MeRCY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment