NO I.D. (Producer Highlight)


Crowned our Producer of the Year for 2009, Chicago-born No I.D. has basically circumnavigated the Hip Hop ocean with his unique musical interpretations and soundscapes. Sixteen years after producing the all time classic "I Used to Love H.E.R." for fellow Chicago brethren Common, Dion Wilson came full circle last year after the trend-killing success of "D.O.A." Demanding critical acclaim on par with the ’94 hit, the most talked about song of the year put the producer extraordinaire in territories new.

HipHopDX: Did you expect 2009 to be quite as productive as it was for you?
No I.D.: No. [Laughs] I just didn’t expect it. I mean it didn’t surprise me but it definitely wasn’t what I was thinking. I didn’t plan it to go this way.

DX: Is that the art of a producer, to expect the unexpected?
No I.D.: I mean like I say, with 20 years in the industry, I don’t expect anything. It’s about staying creative.

DX: What would you pinpoint as the highlight of your year?
No I.D.: Now, honestly, it would be the success of "D.O.A." [by Jay-Z] on a critical level, as I haven’t felt that response since "I Used To Love H.E.R." [by Common].

Check More http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/interviews/id.1474/title.producers-corner-no-id

0 comments:

Post a Comment